Monday, February 7, 2011

Friend

An exceptionally tall Chinese girl to whom all of us Indians looked alike! This is what our first impression of Yan Yan was. But in no time, she has become one of us; a Friend. Here are some of her thoughts ...

Friend

One day morning

I sit under the sunshine

Have a cup of tea

And close my eyes try to listen to my heart

Think about an old topic

What is friend?

Friend is the one

Who sits next to you when you feel lonely

Friend is the one

Who can read your eyes when you feel down

Friend is the one

Who can give you a will to go through when you feel desperate

Friend is the one

Who can give you an umbrella when you are in the rain of tears

Friend

Could be anywhere

No language barriers

Because a smile from heart is the best communication

No culture block

Because understanding is the best way to bridge differences

No national borders

Because no matter how far the geographical distance is

You can still find the one

Who have the same feeling, same value, and the same personality

This even surprised me

Everyday,

I learn from my friends

Moved by my friends

And share with my friends

When the weather cold enough

I can play with snows

When the sky dark enough

I can see the stars

When the ice is thick enough

I can cross the river

And also,

When the days are tough enough

I can find the real friends

Thanks to my friends

My life has became colorful than ever

What is friend?

Friend is ……

Everything


Yan Yan

(Emily Jain)


Batch of GNOV'10

3 comments:

  1. Lovely lines Emily..keep up the good job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Poem Yan... Universal, true, eternal.... :) Expecting more from you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Yan! Please keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete